Monday, October 8, 2007

The Sand Castle / Le Château de sable

A true classic in the art of film animation, directed by Jacobus Willem "Co" Hoedeman. Hoedeman has earned more than 80 international awards and honors throughout his career. "The Sand Castle" alone garnered 24 awards, including an Oscar in 1978 for best animated short.

A fable of great humor and appeal, The Sand Castle is the story of the Sandman and the creatures he sculpts out of sand. Under his direction, they build a castle and celebrate the completion of their new home, only to be interrupted by an uninvited guest. The wind blows, and the castle crumbles. The filmmaker leaves the door open to various interpretations. Sound film without words.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous !! Thanks Iri.

Anonymous said...

hi you know I'm really into this video I love it and I wanna download it could you tell me how please?
my email is: ana.brower@gmail.com
thanks!!!