Sunday, October 28, 2007

"A child said, What is the grass?"


Walter Whitman (May 31, 1819 – March 26, 1892) was an American poet, essayist, journalist, and humanist. He was a part of the transition between Transcendentalism and Realism, incorporating both views in his works. His works have been translated into more than twenty-five languages. Whitman is among the most influential and controversial poets in the American canon. His work has been described as a "rude shock" and "the most audacious and debatable contribution yet made to American literature."

The Walt Whitman Archive

Leaves of Grass (1900)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Admirіng the pеrѕistеnce уοu рut into yοur
blog and ԁetailеd іnformation
уou offeг. It's good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same old rehaѕheԁ іnformation.

Εxсellent reаԁ! I've bookmarked your site and I'm adding youг RSS
fеeds to my Google aсcount.

Нerе іѕ my blog :: weight loss solutions
My site :: hcg weight loss diet

Anonymous said...

Valuable info. Luсky me I found your wеb ѕitе
by accident, and I аm ѕhockеd ωhy this aссidеnt did not
саme about earlier! ӏ bοοκmагked it.


Mу blog ... buy hcg injections