Sunday, June 17, 2007

A man who makes a difference


Wildlife Photography by Hal Brindley

This site is basically an elaborate business card for a guy who likes to take pictures of wildlife. That's me. My name is Hal Brindley. The whole reason I wanted to get into this silly profession in the first place is that I am endlessly fascinated and amazed by animals. They make me laugh and cry and sometimes they make me wet my pants in terror.

My real goal in life is to travel the world and to learn about the incredible variety of creatures that fill it. When you start to learn about these beasts, you start to care about them.

That is what I hope to pass on to you, the notion that planet Earth was not designed for human beings to rule. We are just one of the many incredible by-products of evolution, like all the plants and animals and one-celled doo-dads that surround us. I'm not going to start hugging trees right here in front of you, but I do believe that we can consider the rest of our kin, the community of life, when we make our everyday decisions.

Many species have come and gone before us, and many more will come and go after us, I assure you. Even if we manage to accidentally wipe out 99% of life on this planet, including ourselves, life and evolution will go on. Still, it seems a shame to allow that to happen, to so rapidly undo what nature has taken hundreds of millions of years to come up with.

So I'm here to tell you, it doesn't have to happen. If you care, you can and will make a difference.

- Hal Brindley -




No comments: